Playa in the Grove 2017
Comfort & Joy is teaming up with the National AIDS Memorial Grove to bring you the second annual ‘Playa in the Grove’, a fabulous afternoon of art, music, connection and other festivities! For this celebration of our queer community, both in the bay and at Burning Man, we feel the sacred Memorial Grove is the perfect space to revel and relax in as we honor our past and envision our future.
This special FREE gathering will feature:
- An orgy of gorgeous interactive displays by local queer artists Chickpea/Brian Busta (site-specific installation art), Mikey Mann(Geometric Portal), Philip Robert Chanin (Glitterphile), Dot/Tom Schmidt(Six Comfort & Joy Muses), Bernadette Bohan (Recycled Toy Pop Art), Sprite/Spencer Peterson (Tea Kee Kee) and Rob Vedar (Resin LED Bench Sculpture).
- Delightful music by dazzling DJs Trever Pearson, Sergio Fedasz, andJason Godfrey
- Performance and interactive fun by hoop phenomena Liam Ocean
- Facepainting magic by Phoenix (Brendan Neff-Hall), Ismael and Joia
- A professional massage therapy team led by Jed Barnum
- Cuddle space curated by Da Karai and Oki (David Lee)
- Tarot card readings by Avis, and more!
We’ll also be hosting a DELICIOUS POTLUCK so please bring your best casserole or covered dish, your own libations (BYOB), blankets, park fun (flagging, hoops, massage oil, etc) and love.
The National AIDS Memorial Grove is a sacred space for remembering the millions of Americans touched by AIDS and a place for the queer and allied community to gather and promote healing, learning and understanding. The Grove’s mission is to provide, in perpetuity, a place of remembrance so that the lives of people who died from AIDS are not forgotten.
Donations will be collected for the AIDS Memorial Grove and to help cover costs for the event.
For more information on the artist displays at this event, please see: